We tend to think of the end of the world as an event, but the end is actually a process. While it is true that most people will not survive the process, some will. Even for those who won’t, some preparation is prudent, as you will see.
God’s purpose in ending the world is to establish a kingdom of righteousness. We may have our own ideas about what that entails and what it will look like, but our opinions about righteousness ultimately do not matter. This is because this will not be our kingdom, but rather the Kingdom of Jesus Christ on earth. Jesus will be exercising all power and authority, and those not having His righteousness will be banished.
For man-centered, democracy-minded people such as live in America, this may sound like a bitter pill. But the fact remains: Jesus Christ is Lord of all the earth, and it is His will, not ours, that will ultimately be done. We are REQUIRED to conform to His standards, and those who don’t will not see His kingdom; rather, the wrath of God will abide on them forever.
At this point, you may be tempted to disregard this message as another religious rant. I hope you will reconsider if this is your inclination. First of all, what is wrong with righteousness? What is wrong with a kingdom where there is no sin, no theft, no violence, no murder, no lying? Why would we not prefer the way of life over the way of death? The end of the world will be that point when everyone receives the full consequences of the path they have chosen. Life and peace for those who CHOOSE life and peace, and complete separation from God and all of His goodness for those who refuse. It’s really not any more complicated than that; even a young child can understand it.
Secondly, this is not about “religion” or anyone’s religious opinions. Rather, it is about obtaining a righteousness that comes from God, so that each of us might be accepted into His kingdom.
Having said that, I must warn you that the time is very short! The next minor event (you may have to watch for it) will be a repudiation of Israel by the United States. When this occurs, a major multi-national military coalition led by Russia will assemble itself against Israel and will invade from the north. The world will witness a scorched-earth campaign that will kill two-thirds of the people in Israel.
The remaining Jews will cry out for deliverance to the Lord Jesus Christ, and He will come to their defense. As He destroys the invaders, He will also rain destruction on the “coastlands,” which includes the United States.
One might ask, How does someone prepare for something as cataclysmic as divine judgment against the whole country? Here’s how:
- First, this is NOT a time to panic. We have known for 2000 years that Jesus was going to return, set up His kingdom, and judge the earth.
- Get your spiritual house in order. REPENT. This means align your life with the law of God. Where you have sinned, you must acknowledge your sin, confess it to God, and make restitution where-ever possible and AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
- OBEY – Every person who was saved in the Church Age repented, confessed, was baptized, and submitted to the Lordship of Christ in ALL of life. If you are not living in newness of life, it’s because you are not reconciled to God through Jesus Christ. Do yourself (and your loved ones!) a favor: turn off the TV, take out the trash (foul books, music, videos, etc.) and get your heart right before God. DO NOT PUT THIS OFF. Don’t trifle with God, His law, or His offer of salvation. He WILL preserve you if your belief is evidenced by obedience, hatred of sin, holy living, and love of the brethren.
- Don’t be deceived. Study your Bible. The time is getting really short.
- Pray for those you know who are still lost. No one can come to faith in Christ unless the Father draws him (John 6:44). IF you are saved, you have a privilege and an advantage that most people don’t share: access to God’s Throne of Grace. Use it!
How Much Time Remains?
In view of both current events and Biblical prophecies, I believe we are on the threshold of the final “week” of history before the visible return of Christ. I have written an article entitled The Final Fulfillment of Pentecost that explains how I reached this conclusion.