The story of the Presentation of Jesus, is found in Luke 2:22-40. I will read the passage to take my inspiration for meditation on each of the ten Hail Marys of this mystery. Forty days after Jesus was born, Mary and Joseph presented Him in the Temple to His Father and Mary took the purification bath out of obedience and humility, the dominant virtues of the Joyful Mysteries, even though she is always a virgin.
- Out of obedience and humility, Joseph and Mary took Jesus to the Temple to be presented to God the Father.
- This was to follow the law of Moses.
- They offered the proper sacrifice, two turtle doves.
4. A very old man, Simeon, was full of faith and was promised that he would see the Saviour before he died.
5. Simeon praised God and said that Jesus was destined for the rise and fall of many in Isreal and would be the light to the Gentiles.
6. He asked God to take him to heaven now that he saw the Word made flesh.
7. Simeon also warned Mary that she would suffer sorrows because of Jesus’ suffering, the first of the Seven Sorrows of Mary.
8. A prophetess, Anna, was also there and was full of faith as was Simeon.
9. When they had done all they needed to do in Jerusalem, they returned to their home in Nazareth.
10. Jesus grew in size, strength and wisdom for He was God and God the Father was with Him.
I urge all to have devotion to Mary and praying the Rosary every day as devotion to Mary is the way to get close to Jesus and to salvation