Millions party in the night but how many remember to pray at night to their Creator, Redeemer and Friend? Many go to sleep and never wake up so we should always pray to our Friend Jesus in the night, not only for protection and general blessings but because of what He means to us. He is the Desire of the Ages, the One altogether lovely, The Pearl of Great Price. In the darkness of the night He is our light. Let us look at the top five Bible verses on praying in the night.
(1) “Yetthe LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, andmy prayer unto the God of my life.” (Psa. 42:8)
(2) “My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips: When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the nightwatches.” (Psa. 63:5,6)
(3) “With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.” (Isa. 26:9)
(4) “Arise, cry out in the night: in the beginning of the watches pour out thine heart like water before the face of the Lord: lift up thy hands toward him for the life of thy young children, that faint for hunger in the top of every street.” (Lam. 2:19)
(5) “And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.” (Luke 6:12)
It was when Paul and Silas prayed at midnight and sang praises to God in the prison that there was a great earthquake that loosened all their shackles and threw the prison open freeing them. This then led to the conversion and baptism of the jailor and his family! Brethren, pray at night-time too, even at midnight and you will see great things. Whatever may be our trial or tribulation, trust in Jesus, live for Jesus and we will see that joy cometh in the morning. God will do what is best for us.
You may be interested in the following articles: