In each month of Ramadan, Islamic societies around the world are obliged to fast, why is that..? Because God has said in Al-Baqarah letter verse 183 which says “O you who have believed, decreed upon you is As-saum (fasting ) as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become Al-muttaqun (righteous)”. Verse was revealed for Muslims around the world without exception, to test how obedient and meekly in performing their worship of his God. This fast can be a function to measure how much the Muslims love to the Creator, whether they are limited to the food of love, or merely lust and anger ..?
The holy month of Ramadan, the blessed month, and the moon is full forgiveness. Because Ramadan is the month where the decline in the Koran, that is the holy book as a guide for human and explanation, as well as a separator for the haq (truth) and falsehood. In the month of Ramadan is all abundantly pardon for sinful human beings, as long as they practice their religion with a really fast and full of sincerity and only to God alone, although this is the hardest thing to do. And month of Ramadan is also a golden opportunity for Muslims in the conduct and improve compliance in worship, because at this moment all deeds will be rewarded a multiple from the Gods.
A blessed month, Ramadan provides benefits not only for Muslims alone. How many of those who are not Moslem, can enjoy the benefits of Ramadan. Example can be seen in multi-religious country like Indonesia. For those who are not Moslem can get a bigger profit from the sale of merchandise other than another months. It’s because in terms of buying, Muslims do not distinguish or see who, where, and what the seller is religious, and it can not be denied, because as social beings humans always need other human beings in life, regardless of his religion.
On this Ramadan Muslims are required to fast, but basically fasting is not just the activities that must be done only Muslims. Because if you look in terms of health, fasting gives a remarkable effect for improving health.
If accompanied by proper diet, we can get the benefits of fasting is over the maximum. and following some of the benefits of fasting for health:
1. Only by fasting we can reduce high blood pressure, cholesterol, and also lowers blood sugar levels. That’s because in our fast reducing the amount of foods containing fat and high cholesterol.
2. For people with arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis, fasting can increase the ability of cells to eradicate the bacteria causing the neutrophils in arthritis.
3. Digestion, we unknowingly working hard to digest food taken into the body, by fasting the body is given time to rest. Thus the stomach and other organs can work with up to when we start eating again.
4. By fasting we can reduce excess weight, because by fasting we automatically reduce lifestyle like snacks and other snacks
5. Fasting can help eliminate harmful toxins in the body, therefore fasting is often used as a method of detoxification of the body in a natural way. Why this is so, because when we are fasting stomach will be empty, and the hull will work more optimal and effective when breaking the fast, thereby reducing the risk of accumulation of food residue that is not absorbed by the body perfectly. so the body no longer can keep leftovers rot.
6. In people with diabetes, nicotine addiction or smoking, caffeine addicts, alcoholics and drug users, fasting can change the habits that can improve their health.
And many more benefits of fasting in addition to the above points. Nevertheless need to be considered, because we must and ought to fast with the correct procedures and that it is set by the condition of our bodies when going to fast. Not in a haphazard and irregular. Still hesitant to fast ….? Do not hesitate, fasting is to worship and your health.