BE YOURSELF 2
Our world today is characterized by self and hypocrisy. People are so self centered that they are only concerned about themselves alone. Their concern is always how to please self and may be their immediate family. Similarly, most people are hypocrites. They confess something and do the opposite. They are the people whom the scriptures liken to sepulcher that are painted white but inside is stinking and smelling.
It is expedient we should stop hypocritical and self centeredness life if we sincerely hope to live a fulfilling life and satisfy our conscience. For those of us who practice one religion or the other, we should always examine ourselves to actually know if we are living and doing things in consonant of what we profess or confess. We can do this by examining ourselves in relationship with others in the society and honestly answering the following questions.
1. Am I honest in my works and words or do I exaggerate?
2. Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that I am better than what actually I am? I am a hypocrite in what I impress on people around me?
3. Do I confidentially pass on to other what was told me in confidence?
4. Does my spouse feel cherished, respected and loved by me?
5. Do my children respect me and are they growing more spiritual because of me?
6. Do I encourage someone daily with acts of kindness and charity?
7. Am I a slave to fashion, friends, work or habit?
Our relationship with other matters so much. We cannot live well and be ourselves when we do not have good relationship with others. We must as people who confess being religious, be conscious of what we do and how we relate with other. It is only when we appear as we are in the inside that others will enjoy our relationship and company. Just be yourself.