Dionysus is the Greek pagan god of ancient Greece of wine and beer. Latest research has shown that there are many parallels between the lives of Dionysus and Jesus Christ of Christianity. Where the Vatican now stands in Rome, Italy there once stood a pagan temple and now where the Pope says mass there were pagan rituals where pagan priests would practice pagan ceremonies. There are many parallels and connections between paganism and Christianity. But here is a list of parallels between Dionysus and Jesus that are the most shocking:
- Dionysus comes down to earth as god made flesh as a savior and is the son of God.
- His Father is a god and his mother is a mortal virgin.
- His born in a humble stable on December 25 before three shepherds.
- He dies at Easter time for the sins of the world.
- After he dies he descends into hell and rises again on the third day.
- He preaches about a Holy communion of his sacred body and blood for the forgiveness of sins.
This is just a tip of the iceberg of the parallels between Christianity and paganism. I will talk about many more in other articles soon to come. But for right now just think about it. The main question that arises, Was Jesus a real man who really existed and was really the Son of God or was he just a simple fictional character who was a rewritten story of Greek and Roman Mythology.