Team has courier:
- 3x Iron Braches
- 1x Mantle of Int (+3 Int)
- 1x Tango
Team has no courier (typical if you play low level pubs):
- 3x Iron Branches
- 1x Courier
- 1x Tango
Justify: Lets you get bottle by 2 min mark.
Core Items (should buy in order)
- Magic Wand
- Boots of Travel
- Soul Ring
- Force Staff
Justify: Bottle is OP, lets you get runes and spam spells and heal up. Magic Wand is core on 99% heroes. Boots of Travel lets you tp around map. Soul Ring helps solve mana problems really cheap. Force Staff compensates for lack of escape and lets you catch up to fleeing enemies.
- Sheep Stick
- Manta Style
- Linkens Sphere
- Shivas Guard
Justify: I normally buy all of these in the order listed. Sheep Stick is overpowered, you can rearm it so infinite sheep stick spam. Manta helps farming, increases dps, protects you from single target spells and helps you escape. Linkens Sphere increases survivability. Shivas Guard helps farming a lot, you can spam it with rearm and it helps a lot in team fights. Dagon is good for trolling, killstealing and increases damage output a lot.
- Black King Bar
Only get it if the enemy team has infinite disables imo. This cannot be rearmed though.
- Eul’s Cyclone Stick
If you’re poor/losing, this is a cheap alternative to Sheep Stick.
- Blink Dagger
I don’t think this can be rearmed, but is a better initiation item than force staff. However, force staff is more fun + helps you escape better + can be rearmed.
- Ghost Scepter/Ethereal Blade
Counters lots of physical carries (Spiritbreaker, Riki, Bounty Hunter, Ursa)
- DPS Items
- Orb effects (including Skadi)
Are not needed.
- Gauntlets of Strength (+3 str)
Does not need hp early game. Laser should minimize the harrass you take.
- Orchid Malevolence
Is pretty useless, you already have a silence from Guinsoo (Scythe of Vyse).
Very low cost efficiency, a Soul Ring is better than a Bloodstone on Tinker
- Hand of Midas/Necromonicon
Cannot be rearmed
- Either solo mid or solo a lane.
- If soloing a lane against two enemies, max missles.
- Rest of tips will be for solo mid.
- Harass with laser + attack when laser is lvl 2.
- Every 2 minutes, a rune appears, so you can bottle that and have more mana to spam spells.
- Know the mana costs of your spells, and how much mana is needed to do a laser + missles combo.
- If the enemy is on low hp from your harass, combo.
- With a bottled regen rune, spam spells then regen up.
- Ganking is not recommended unless you have a haste/invis rune.
- 2 overlapping Marches is OP, if an enemy is fighting you in them, just Laser for 3 seconds of miss and you will win.
- Rearm refreshes Soul Ring, so use Soul Ring before each Rearm.
- The duration of Sheep Stick’s hex is just longer than TP channeling time, hex enemy -> tp out to escape.
- If an enemy has Linkens Sphere, Laser him/her because it will disable the Linkens AND deal damage.
- If camping the enemy fountain, you can Force staff allies in/enemies out.
How to Teamfight
- Use ALL the spells, lasering the enemy that will do the most attacking.
- Use ALL the items, hex the most dangerous enemy.
- Soul Ring-> Rearm
- Repeat steps 1-3.
- Out of hp/mana? Bottle.
- Out of Bottle? TP home, regen, rearm, TP back to the fight.
How to Farm/Push
- TP to a lane.
- Activate Manta and/or Shivas if you have it.
- Soul Ring
- Wait a bit til most creeps die for exp
- TP to base