15. Moses was, according to the Hebrew Bible and Qur’an, a religious leader, lawgiver and prophet, to whom the authorship of the Torah is traditionally attributed.
14. His name means “Drawn forth, Taken out ofthe water.”
13. Moses was abandoned as a child
12. He was born of Hebrew parents, slaves of the Egyptians, but was raised by Pharoh’s daughter, and was treated like one of the Pharoh’s sons.
11. God chose him to rescue the Pharaoh’s slaves.
10. He was born to the tribe of Levi of the Israelites. His mother was Jochebed, the wife of the Levite Amram.
9. His parents were Amram & Jochebed.
8. Moses saw the burning bush at Mt Horeb.
Do you like this article? You can write articles like this and make money from it. It is free to join and you can start making money online as soon as you sign-up. Click on the link to Sign-up with Triond.com and starting making some good money on the internet.
7. He gave up his privileged life in Pharaoh’s palace and possible heir to serve God instead.
6. After the Ten Plagues, Moses led the Exodus of the Israelites out of Egypt and across the Red Sea, after which they based themselves at Mount Sinai, where Moses received the Ten Commandments.
5. Moses spent as much time being a shepherd as a Prince of Egypt.
4. His mother placed her baby boy in a basket and set it afloat on the Nile river, near to the palace of the Egyptian royal family.
3. Moses lived a total of 120 years (1526-1406 B.C.)
2. Moses led the people across the Red Sea. The sea parted to let the people through.
1. He is one of the only humans to speak to God in person. He went up the mountain a young man and returned completely gray. Being in the presence of God’s power turned his hair gray.
Did you like this article? You can write articles like this and make money from it. It is free to join and you can start making money online as soon as you sign-up. Click on the link to Sign-up with Triond.com and starting making some good money on the internet.