- Junk food. This can include crisps and chocolate, and are usually the top of people’s list. Lent can be a time to diet as well as a time to reflect upon the true concepts of the period.
- Alcohol. Many people incorporate alcohol into their lives on a daily basis, therefore making it hard to give up. They like to see it as a challenge, so give it up for Lent.
- Shopping. Obviously I don’t mean food shopping, but for many people (women especially) shopping can be something that they do a lot more than they should. Giving it up is a challenge and will probably save them a lot of money over the six weeks.
- Credit cards. A lot of people choose to give their credit card to somebody else during this time so that they can’t use it.
- Television. How many times do you find yourself sat in front of the television not really watching what’s in front of you? A lot of of people who give up television for Lent find that they have a lot more time to spend with their family and friends, and become closer to them as a result.
- The internet. More free time is wasted on the internet than on anything else. If you gave this up, you would be able to take up a new hobby which would be much more fulfilling.
- Smoking. A lot of people say that they would give up smoking if they could, so many find that Lent is the perfect time to take the leap. If they can do without the cigarettes for the six weeks, then they know that they can probably do without them forever.
Want to make money by publishing articles, like me? Go to http://www.triond.com/rw/132891 and find out more!