Seven Chakra Meditation is to balance the chakras increasing the energy level and improving the better flow of energy thus increasing productivity, creativity and quality of work and life.
Chakra is an energy center in our body which receives, assimilates, transmits and expresses life force energy. The function of the chakras is to spin and draw in the flowing life energy, to keep the spiritual, mental, emotional and physical health of the body, mind, heart and soul in balance. This life force energy has many names and is called “Qi” in Chinese, “Ki” in Japanese, “Prana” in Sanskrit, “Shakti” in Hindi, “Koach-ha-guf” in Hebrew, “Bios” in Greek. Even a dead body has energy, what distinguishes “life” is the “flow” of life force vital energy.
The nerves or nadis (Ida, Pingala, Shushumna) are the energy pathways. The main nerves or nervous system Sympathetic (Ida), Parasympathetic (Pingala) and Central Nervous System (Shushumna) run along the spinal column in a curved path and when they cross one another, at the points of intersection strong energy centers “Chakras” are formed.
On physiology side chakras match one-to-one to our Endocrine Glands. The endocrine system is made up of a series of ductless glands that produce chemicals called hormones. Hormones regulate many functions of an organism, including mood, growth and development, tissue function, and metabolism.
There are many energy centers in and around human body, out of which seven are main. The goal of Seven Chakra meditation is to bring the awareness to the internal human energy system and the flow of energy.
The main benefit of Seven Chakra Meditation is to balance the chakras increasing the energy level and improving the better flow of energy thus increasing productivity, creativity and quality of work and life.
Below are the 7 Chakras, their location in body, physiological connection with endocrine gland and the color associated with them:
1) Crown Chakra (Sahastrara Chakra) located at the top of the Head; Color: Violet; Endocrine gland: Pineal;
2) Third Eye / Brow Chakra (Ajna Chakra) located in-between the Eyebrows; Color: Indigo; Endocrine gland: Pituitary
3) Throat Chakra (Visuddhi Chakra) located in Throat & Neck area; Color: Blue; Endocrine gland: Thyroid
4) Heart Chakra (Anahata Chakra) located near heart; Color: Green; Gland: Thymus
5) Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura Chakra) located near Navel; Color: Yellow; Endocrine gland: Adrenal
6) Sacral / Hara Chakra (Swadhisthana Chakra) located at Tailbone / Coccyx; Color: Orange; Endocrine gland: Gonads
7) Base / Root Chakra (Mooladhara Chakra) located at the end of the spinal chord; Color: Red; Endocrine gland: Supra Renal
Details at: www.anvention.com/7chakras